Date and Year of Establishment: 1st March, 1998
Faculty strength: Permanent = 02 Contractual = 01
Total Roll = 609
Teacher Student ratio: 1:200
- G. R. Ganie (HOD) Qual: M. Sc. (Zoology) Exp.: 14 years Publication: Nil
- Mr. Mehraj Bashir Qual: M. Sc., M. Phil, CSIR-NET Exp.: 05 years Publication: 6
Last 3 years result statement:
|1st yr.||2nd yr.||3rd yr.|
HOD Room/Faculty Room= 01
Lab. Assistant/ Non-Teaching Staff Room= 01
Equipment’s available in the Department.
|1||Blood cell counter||02|
|7||Digital pH meter||02|
|11||Stabilizer (0.5 KV )||02|
|12||Transformer (5 KV)||01|
|15||Over Head Projector (OHP)||01|
|17||Grip pH meter (Digital)||03|
|21||Chart cabinet wooden||01|
|22||Plankton counting cell||02|
|26||Projector Video Microscope||01|
|27||B. P Apparatus (M Type)||02|
|31||Water and soil analysis Kit||01|
|34||Digital Electronic Balance||01|
|35||Thin Layer Chromatography Apparatus||01|
- Provide a sound education in animal science through Practice and research.
- Achieve excellence through high quality education and research, related to local, regional and national needs.
- To create self confidence among the students through upto date curriculum designing.
- To inculcate the social and moral values that enable the students to become good citizens.
- Provide inexpensive educational services to the weaker sections of the society and reinvent ourselves in response to changing demands of the society.
The Department is going to start P. G program in Zoology. Construction of Biological (Zoological Museum), establishment of Smart Class Room within the Department will be the future perspective. Besides a separate Departmental library and a separate Biological block will be established soon.
A Proposal for research project on Biodiversity of Kupwara is being sent to Department of Science and Technology/ UGC for approval.
Yes,arranged every year for drop outs/ failures or for those students who are unable to understand the lesson/ Topics/ Lectures in the class.
There is a continuous interaction between the Department and the Cottage industries like Apiculture, Sericulture, Pisciculture etc.
Students are taken there and learn practically. Moreover special lectures are arranged by experts that motivate the students towards these private sectors and enhance the job opportunities.